Transforming Society with Mobile Communication Technology and Innovation is the the conference theme. The purpose of this conference is to provide a platform for academics and practitioners to identify and explore the issues, opportunities, and solutions that promote information society convergence and find new values of ICT in a variety of settings.
M4D2021 will take up the mobile-technology-for-development quest along topics addressing (but not restricted to):
- post-pandemic M4D visions
- mGIS and applications
- mobile app development
- Internet of things (IoT) and Internet of everything (IoE) applications for mobile communications
The submission system is now open. Submissions can be submitted in MS Word or PDF format.
For the opportunity to present at the conference, delegates have different options:
- Research papers (8-12 pages including references according to this template) which will be peer-reviewed and evaluated based on theory craftsmanship and analytical rigor. Articles considering critical approaches and theoretical development will be prioritized.
- The practitioner’s track is open to practitioners to present their experiences, cases and policies (4-5 pages according to this template). These contributions do not have to be guided by academic theory and critical analysis. All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings and allocated a presentation slot.
- Workshops – You can also participate by organizing a workshop. Workshop proposals (2-3 pages according to the workshop template) must contain: title, organizers with affiliation, targeted participants, motivation and objectives.
- Panels – We welcome theme driven panels. If you would like to chair and organize a panel, feel free to submit a proposal (2 pages according to the panel template) that must contain title, organizers with affiliation, participants, motivation and objectives.
- Posters or Demos – You are also welcome to present your work in the form of a poster or a demo by submitting a one page extended abstract.
Accepted papers with the best reviews will be allocated longer presentation slots in parallel sessions. Another level of accepted papers will be allocated shorter presentation slots in short track sessions. Additionally other accepted papers will be presented as posters. Accepted paper presenters in this category should thus be prepared to bring posters with them. Poster size max. 80×120 cm. Roll-ups are also allowed.
By submitting a manuscript, the author certifies authorship and that it has not been copyrighted or previously published, and that it is not currently under review for presentation at another professional meeting. Accepted papers and extended abstracts of posters/demos/workshops will appear in the conference proceedings published in the series Karlstad University Studies. Inclusion of accepted papers/posters/demos/workshops in the conference proceedings is conditioned on payment of the registration fee prior to registration deadline.
The main presentation language will be English, but submissions in French can be made (if the paper is accepted, we might provide an extended abstract in English).